There are countless flowers to choose from and all of them are without a doubt beautiful, but each convey different meanings and symbolisms. So make sure you choose the right ones to send the right message.
Use this guide to help you select the most suitable flowers for each kind of occasion. You may also check this blog for general information on how to choose the best flowers for your next event.
Romantic occasions (Valentine's Day, anniversaries, etc.)
Photo by Andres Ayrton from Pexels
- Roses: Red roses symbolise love and passion, while other colours convey different meanings. For example, pink roses are for admiration, yellow for friendship, orange for desire and fascination
- Orchids: This flower symbolises everlasting love and affection.
- Tulips: A popular choice too, Tulips stand for true love or pure love.
- Carnations: This flower has different meanings depending on its colours. But in general, it is associated with love, fascination, and distinction.
Birthdays and other celebrations
Photo by RDNE Stock project from Pexels
- Gerbera: This flower has different meanings depending on the colours, but in general, Gerberas symbolise cheerfulness and optimism making it perfect for this kind of occasion.
- Sunflower: Their bright yellow petals can instantly brighten up one’s mood. That’s why sunflowers represent vibrancy, joy, and happiness.
- Daffodil: this flower symbolises rebirth, new beginnings, hope, joy, and good luck making it perfect for birthday celebrations.
- Iris: This perennial elegant flower symbolises admiration, friendship, promises of love, wisdom, hope, trust, and valour.
Sympathy / Condolences
Photo by Ivan Samkov from Pexels
- Lilies: In general, Lilies represent purity and innocence, making this flower a popular choice for funerals and sympathy arrangements
- Chrysanthemum: Depending on culture, this flower represents different things. In Asia, it represents life and rebirth while in Europe, it symbolises mourning and sympathy.
- Gladioli: This tall, bold bloom typically symbolises honour and remembrance making it suitable for expressing sympathy and condolences.
Overall, personal preferences and what you want to convey can influence your flower choices. However, when in doubt, you may talk to us. Let us help you select the most appropriate flowers for your occasion.